♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
As a psychedelic podcast, you would assume I’d have more episodes on ayahuasca shamanism
Yes, I have a few, but none of which exploring ayahuasca shamanism from the traditional viewpoint of the indigenous cultures that use ayahuasca, direct from those cultures. This is because it is an area of insecurity for me due to my lack of knowledge as well as my own ambivalence around the shamanic paradigm in general. However, it is mostly because getting a representative of traditional ayahuasca culture that speaks fluent English is a tough find.
That said, we have on the show Hamilton Souther, who, despite what his caucasian skin and American upbringing might suggest, is very much a representative of traditional ayahuasca shamanism.
Hamilton Souther is a CEO, Master Shaman of visionary plant medicines and founder of Blue Morpho Shamanic Ayahuasca and Sacred Plant Retreat Center in the Peruvian Amazon. Over the last 12 years, Hamilton has meticulously studied and mapped modern mental illnesses to help thousands of his clients from around the world with depression, anxiety, drug addiction, and PTSD.
Hamilton Souther joins us on the podcast to talks about what it takes to become a true shaman, the medicine of the plants, and what the new age culture gets wrong about ayahuasca.
♥ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ♥
- what it takes to become a recognized shaman
- what it takes to prove your capacity as an ayahuasca shaman
- what western ayahuasca culture gets wrong about plant healing
- sound healing and the art of the Icaro
- why do some people enter psychotic delusion when trying to become shamans
- how to protect westerners from the psychological dangers of ayahuasca retreats
- what is a psychotic break from the shamanic perspective and how to heal them
- why talk therapy isn’t included in ayahuasca healing at blue morpho
- stepping beyond person trauma in order to heal and regain personal agency
- what about malevolent forces, demons, or dark entities and how to navigate our encounters with them
- the danger of fear
- shadow work, personal responsibility, and the suffering in the context of universal love within which Hamilton Souther works
- the fallacy of psycho-magical thinking in western/new age ayahuasca culture
- the climate crisis, governmental denialism, and what we need to do about it
This is Hamilton’s ayahuasca center in Peru. “The Blue Morpho jungle lodge was purpose built for you to experience sacred plant retreats and shamanic plant dietas in an authentic setting. Located near the Itaya River in the Peruvian Amazon, you are surrounded by lush, vibrant rainforest on 180 acres of private reserve in breathtaking settings.”
This is an alternative project from Hamilton and his team. “SIE Studio creates art & entertainment for SIE’s decentralized marketplace, which is expected to be fully functional for early 2020. Our productions focus on consciousness exploration and expansion. Free enrollment begins in June 2019 and soon thereafter, SIE’s innovative monetization streams will be available to content creators.”