♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
Back in the summer of 2017, I was invited to go to Mexico by author and Toad (5-MeO-DMT) facilitator Dr. Gerry Sandoval. He wanted me to come with him to the place he grew up to try their local psilocybin mushrooms. It was already an amazing offer and it hit a new level when he told me both Julian Palmer and Kilindi Iyi would be there as well.
How could I pass on this opportunity? It was something I have been fantasizing about for years; to eat wild psychedelic mushrooms in Mexico!
So I jumped on an overnight plane to Mexico. I met up with Gerry and Julian in the MEX airport at 7am local time. From there we took a flight directly to Oaxaca where we met up with Kilinid and after a quesadilla lunch, some mescal, and a couple handfuls of roasted grasshoppers, we took a bus 3 hours up into the cloud mountains, San Jose Del Pacifico.
The next day we hiked a mountain to a sacred Zapotec site. That same night we ate “The Landslide Mushrooms”, a wild (and exceptionally potent) species of psilocybin mushrooms.
It was just the 4 of us plus Gerry’s partner and another friend of his in a cabin on the side of the mountain. The fire was roaring and the full moon was high in the sky. It was one of the strongest psychedelic experiences of my life! But that is a story for another time.
For this episode, I release to you the recording of Julian, Kilindi, Gerry, and I talking about our mushrooms experience the day after the ceremony.
I knew this was going to be an opportunity of a lifetime, not only for myself but for you as well! There was a unique dynamic between us that morning and I knew I wanted to catch it for you. Enjoy.
- What is the “landslide mushroom”?
- The modern history of mushrooms in the Oaxaca region of Mexico.
- Each of our specific experiences with the landslides the night before.
- Exploring the differences between different strains of mushrooms.
- Ayahuasca vs. Mushrooms; the vast potential of psilocybin.
- Communicating with plants.
- Entities, plant spirits, or manifestations of personal mind?
- Reality: oneness or multiplicity?
- Making sense of the psychedelic experience; the role psychedelics have played in each of our journeys.
- The ecological instability and threat encroaching these mushrooms.
- The different strains we have tried and which are our favorites.
- Advice for dosing mushrooms at that high, entheogenic level.
Check out some Images from the adventure!
***Most photos courtesy of Dr. Gerry
PLEASE READ: I want to be clear that although I have featured Gerry in this video, as well as the others, that I DO NOT endorse him as a toad medicine facilitator. That said, I am not warning you to steer clear from him. I just want it to be clear that him being on my show as an author and a figure in psychedelic culture does not equate to me endorsing his services.
I have not received or witnessed his facilitation in a structured context and thus cannot confirm or deny its value or safety. I have also heard both very positive and very negative opinions of him over the years. If you choose to seek him out, do so because you did your due diligence in researching him and reviews on his service and decided it was the right fit, not just because he was featured on my show.
thanks and be safe