♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
Amanita Muscaria, aka Fly Agaric, aka The Other Magic Mushroom
You know the mushroom. Its size and its red with white spots coloring are iconic. It’s the emoji mushroom; the mushroom from Super Mario; the one often featured on cute Christmas cards along with little elves doing festive things; the one people repeatedly (and apparently falsely) claim Santa Claus is a shaman of.
It’s the mushroom R. Gordon Wasson-–the man responsible for revealing psilocybin mushrooms to the western world through his famous Life magazine article–claimed to be the divine Soma of the ancient Vedic traditions. John Allegro–one of the translators of the Dead Sea Scrolls–claimed Jesus was actually an anthropomorphized representation of this mushroom. And modern scholars like Jerry Brown claim that the origins of Christianity are actually in its ritualized use.
It’s the one Hamilton Morris smoked in season two of his Pharmacopeia show.
However, these huge claims don’t necessarily align with much representation of their modern use as a psychedelic; which remains elusive, despite how prolific they are around the world.
You can find troves of information about the modern psychedelic and therapeutic use of psilocybin-containing mushrooms being widespread all over the world. But the use of amanita continues to be underground and obscure, despite the fact that they grow on nearly every continent. However, that is beginning to change.
There is a growing culture of amanita muscaria eaters who are beginning to reveal what this mushroom is, as a psychedelic, and what it can offer us as a spiritual–and therapeutic–agent. (There are even shroom boom companies beginning to focus on researching extracts of it as a potential medicine for mental health issues. )
One of the most outspoken and established advocates of the amanita muscaria is vlogger Amanita Dreamer.
Amanita Dreamer suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks, and was on benzodiazepines for 10 years, trying to wean off for 5. Finding the amanita muscaria mushroom not only changed her life but saved it (as we will explore in this interview). She has since developed a thorough and robust knowledge base for their safe use in the healing of trauma, anxiety, and panic attacks shared via her many vlogs on AmanitaDreamner.net. She was even recently featured on DiscoveryMagazine.com in an article exploring a Canadian start-up proposing the medicalization of amanita.
She is on the show to talk about her story of healing from panic and anxiety with the amanita muscaria mushroom. We also talk about its pharmacology, safe preparation and use; and how (and why) it can help us heal from not only childhood trauma but pre-birth and infancy trauma by re-parenting us. Finally, we talk about what it means to live traumatized in a traumatized and traumatizing world and how the amanita mushroom might help us discover, and build, a world that feels like a safe home.
♥ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ♥
- Introducing my own ignorance and resistance against amanita muscaria
- What is the amanita muscaria mushroom?
- Amanita Dreamer’s journey through healing anxiety, panic attack and benzo dependence with amanita
- How finding Amanita in the forest saved AD’s life
- The active metabolites of amanita are they toxic? And how are they different in their experience
- Microdosing amanita is adaptogenic
- Healing pre-birth and infancy trauma with Amanita Muscaria
- Amanita is here to re-parent you | you are valuable
- Infancy trauma and anxiety disorders in adulthood
- Healing core wounds and become a truly human culture
- The amanita spirits are the cultural elders here to bring us back to our humanity
- Home is a place where you can exist without coercion
- Home means traveling and celebrating together
- Learning from the mushroom
- The difference between psilocybin and amanita
- Methods of amanita consumption | tea, smoking, microdosing, and macrodosing
- What an amanita experience is like
- Reviewing the psychoactive metabolites and metabolism of ibotenic acid into muscimol
- The amanita sleep and why you don’t remember
- The other side of the trip
- Trip sitting amanita journeys vs journeying alone
- Smoking amanita muscaria and connecting with the ancestors
- Microdosing amanita muscaria
- How long does amanita tea last in the fridge
- Censorship and mushroom content