Cannabis. Weed. Pot. Marijuana. Grass.
Whatever you call it, It’s a contentious plant.
It’s legal to buy in Canada for both medical and recreation use. Possession can get you locked up for the rest of your life in some states across the USA, and even put to death in other countries!
It’s also widely misunderstood due to decades of disinformation, misinformation, and blatant biases put on the type of research (if any) could be done on it. In recent years, however, research is not only growing, but the widespread use that preceded its legalization has garnered up a nice pile of anecdotes about the benefits of this wondrous plant.
This episode features Amanda Seibert, a freelance cannabis writer, author award-winning journalist, photographer, videographer, and the author of The Little Book of Cannabis: How Marijuana Can Improve Your Life.
We sit down to talk about what the science says about the pharmacology of the plant’s various components as well as the anecdotal uses of cannabis for bettering different areas of our lives, from sex to death. Of course, we also talk about the negatives, from cannabis addiction to cannabis hyperemesis syndrome.
♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
- the chemical composition of cannabis
- how different cannabinoids affect us differently
- all about CBD
- the pros and cons of concentrates
- all about terpenes and the entourage effect
- can terpenes alone get you high?
- can black pepper stop THC-induced anxiety?
- is the difference between indica, sativa. and hybrid a meaningful way of assessing psychoactivity?
- how do CB1 and CB2 activation in the brain affect neurochemistry
- how cannabis can better your sex life
- cannabis for palliative care
- deconstructing and exploring the “lazy pothead” stereotype
- cannabis addiction and trauma
- cannabis hypermedia syndrome
- is Dab culture damaging cannabis culture?
- the flaws of Canadian legalization of cannabis
A pragmatic and informative look at better living through cannabis.
Cannabis. Weed. Bud. Whatever you choose to call it, it’s been a health aid, comfort, and life-enhancer for humankind for more than three thousand years. But while cannabis is used by hundreds of millions of people around the world, more than a century of prohibition has resulted in confusion about its status: Is it healthy? Is it medicinal? Will it make you crazy?
In this fun, illuminating book, cannabis journalist Amanda Siebert delves deep into the latest research to separate marijuana fact from fiction, revealing ten evidence-based ways this potent little plant can improve your life. She speaks with some of the world’s top researchers, medical professionals, and consultants to answer questions such as: Can cannabis help you get a full night’s sleep? Does it aid in exercise and weight loss? Can it really cure cancer? She also offers practical advice for enjoying its benefits, including easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for consumption and dosage, as well as examples of real people who have used this drug to enhance their lives. Cannabis, it turns out, could be life-changing: it can enrich any diet, slow down aging, and even spice things up in the bedroom.
- Over eight hundred cannabis strains characterized by the relationship between their psychoactive effects, perceptual profiles, and chemical compositions
- Marijuana News from ScienceDaily
- The Latest in Cannabis Research: Winter/Spring 2019 (Leafly)