↓↓↓ Video Below ↓↓↓
♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
Kilindi Iyi and High Dose Psilocybin As A Form Of Martial Arts | Acacea Lewis
In this episode of the podcast, we are interviewing Acacea Lewis on the value and risks of exploring high dose psilocybin experiences.
Acacea Lewis is a devoted researcher and educator in the field of entheogenic (psychoactive) substances, particularly the sacred psilocybin mushroom. She’s the founder of Divine Master Alchemy LLC, Divine Master University, and K.I.M (Kambo, Iboga and Mushroom) Academy, with a mission to educate on plant and fungi medicine. Acacea has earned recognition such as the Cosmic Sister Emerging Voices Award for her work. Based in Oakland, California, she actively supports psychedelic communities globally, often sharing her insights on various podcasts.
This interview explores a number of vignettes into her scholarly explorations of psychedelic mushrooms throughout human history, and especially in various African traditions. But the two main thematic arcs we travel in the interview are the work of the late Kilinidi Iyi and the value and potential of high dose psilocybin experiences as a form of marital arts, primarily through the lens of Acacea’s personal experiences.
We end with a little taster of the lectures she will be giving at the Spirit Plant Medicine Conference coming up on Nov 3-5 of this year, 2023. Those talks being about the evolution of humanity from present onwards, and crystals as a psychedelic technology.
Watch in Video
♥ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ♥
Episode Breakdown and Timestamps
- (0:00) Episode sponsor
- (1:11) Opening and guest bio
- (4:32) Patron Thanks
- (6:48) Interview begins
- (8:09) Acacea’s journey into high doses of psilocybin
- (14:25) Acacea’s journey with Kilindi Iyi
- (18:57) We see what we are interested in
- (22:54) The African use of psychedelic mushrooms (Egypt and Maasai)
- (30:20) The history of African martial arts, and the role of psychedelic states in martial arts practice
- (33:25) Debunking pseudoscience can backfire
- (30:08) An outline of Acacea’s first banned talk
- (37:24) High dose psilocybin as a martial arts form
- (40:03) The value (and dangers) of taking high doses of psilocybin
- (43:44) Psilocybin mushrooms in the Aztec traditions
- (45:51) The value of high doses is exploration (of self and of reality)
- (56:05) Learning to be our authentic self through battle with the trained self
- (1:01:04) The importance of healthy community during high dose explorations
- (1:06:28) The challenges and opportunities of being stereotyped as a black woman in public advocacy of psychedelics
- (1:17:32) Considering the potential harms of “accidentally promoting” high doses | there will always be ignorance in the world
- (1:24:37) Psilocybin mushrooms can be harsh, just like mother nature can be harsh
- (1:26:12) A quick run down of the lectures Acacea will be giving at the Spirit Plant Medicine Conference.
- (1:27:05) Crystals as a technology for psychedelic experiences
- (1:32:23) Connecting with Acacea on social media, and her online school
- (1:35:20) Outro