♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
The SARS-CoV-2 virus has entered humanity and the disease COVID-19 is now a global pandemic.
I doubt this is fresh news to you, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t relevant.
I previously made a video and a special announcement through the podcast about this. The TL/DR was “stay home and wash your hands.” However, we are in an entirely different world since I made that content, even though it has only been a week. Things are changing fast, really fast, and the prognosis seems dire on so many levels. It also seems like the whole world is only talking about COVID-19 and the implications it has for our societies, our civilization, and our species.
That is why this episode is all about COVID-19. In particular, it is a candid conversation about COVID between myself and our guest for this episode, Patrick Kroupa.
Patrick Kroupa (also known as Lord Digital, born January 20, 1969) is an American writer, hacker, and activist. Kroupa was a member of the legendary Legion of Doom and Cult of the Dead Cow hacker groups and co-founded MindVox in 1991, with Bruce Fancher. He was a heroin addict from age 14 to 30 and got clean through the use of the hallucinogenic drug ibogaine. [wiki]
He has been on the show twice now. The first was an off-the-cuff conversation turned podcast that was all about BPC-157 (a peptide, not a virus) and biohacking. The second was an official interview that explored what it was like for him as a heroin addict in New York City in the 90s. This episode is another off-the-cuff conversation recorded for the show, but this time it’s about COVID-19. We talk about how it is impacting each of our lives, our thoughts on the socio-political responses to the pandemic, and what Patrick’s experiences of watching friends and family die offers us insofar as how to show up to the upcoming mass fatalities due to the virus.
To be clear, this will likely be our only COVID-19 episode.
The podcast explores what psychedelics and the psychedelic experience teaches us about being human and alive in the times we are in, COVID-19 fits the bill at this point. That said, we are all getting more than enough COVID news in our reality right now. So I have no desire to make this a COVID-19 podcast or have it as a central theme of upcoming episodes. The psychedelic content you know and love will continue for as long as it can.
If you want to follow my process with this whole COVID-19 thing, follow me on Instagram
♥ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ♥
- How we are both coping with the pandemic
- What the pandemic look like on the ground in New York City
- Discussing the growth of COVID-19 reported cases and why there are so many more already and even more coming
- Is COVID-19 our great war? Humanity vs the destructive consequences of our civilization
- Rates of changes and the present dying of our civilization
- Will a better world come out of this or a totalitarian nightmare?
- The pandemic lockdown is forcing us to slow down and be in the present moment
- The impact of COVID-19 on people in poverty and people with drug dependence
- China is now in the aftermath and going about their business. What will our aftermath be like?
- Why flattening the curve is our most reasonable response, now that containment is impossible
- Canada’s healthcare system and how it is already starting to cripple our care due to a lack of supplies
- Doug Ford is Ontario Canada’s Trump-Lite (but apparently he is, personally, very supportive of psychedelic medicine)
- Test shortages for the population, mask shortages for the healthcare workers and why it’s so important to follow social distancing measures
- The difference, for Patrick, between watching his friends die during and after overcoming his heroin addiction
- Comparing the experience of his friends dying with the recent death of his mother
- People we know are going to die of COVID-19 and we shouldn’t ignore this fact
- Patrick’s experiences of death offer us as perspective in these frightening, and fatal times
- Final thoughts and perspectives for all of us stuck in this together