( 。・_・。) WATCH (。・_・。 )
(~˘▾˘)~ LISTEN ~(˘▾˘~)
♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
Breaking convention 2019 was a blast
While describing my experience afterward, I kept accidentally saying”festival” instead of “conference”.
“Wait. What is Breaking Convention?”
Well, from its website “Breaking Convention is a biennial multidisciplinary conference on psychedelic consciousness, featuring more than 200 presenters from around the world.” It takes place in London, England and is one of the largest psychedelic conferences in the world.
I was quasi-invited to speak (I was invited by a program curator, but wasn’t an officially invited speaker) there this year. I decided I would try and harvest the opportunity to be amongst so many luminaries in the psychedelic field by catching as many short interviews as I could in my time there. I got 11. (also, my talk was recorded and they will eventually release it. Also, I do have a transcript that will also be released soon-ish)
Similar to what I did at OZORA Festival for ATTMind 100, I asked them all the same 4 questions:
- Who are you and what do you do?
- What is the most relevant consideration you are holding at this conference?
- What role do you see yourself playing in the psychedelic renaissance?
- What role, if any, do you see psychedelics playing in helping humanity respond to any of the many crises we are facing?
There are some nuances to each of these questions that are presented in the (quite long intro). If you would like to breeze through the intro, relevant bits are between 4:25 and 10:10, with the actual interviews starting at 11:55. Of course, please make an effort to watch/listen to the full intro if you are open to it (especially watch it cause I made something special in the intro just for this episode ? )
Featured guests listed below.
WANT TO JOIN ME AT THE SPIRIT PLANT MEDINCE CONFERENCE, VANCOUVER NOV 2-4?
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND BUY TICKETS VIA MY AFFILIATE LINK
Or, you can find more details about my October 2019 tour in Australia here.
Today’s guests, in order of appearance
Links for each person here either links to the talk they gave at Breaking Convention 2019 (or will once that talk is released) or, in the case of them not being a speaker, to whatever link is most relevant to their work.
- Rita Kočárová – Psychedelics researcher
- Akua Ofosuhene – Co-founder of Hub and Culture
- Tobias Erny – Iboga & Ibogaine therapist, researcher, and activist
- Chiara Baldini – Independent Researcher, Liminal Village Curator for BOOM! Festival
- Martijn Schirp – Founder of SYNTHESIS, legal psilocybin retreat in The Netherlands
- Maria Papaspyrou – Psychotherapist [see her previous interview on the podcast]
- Tom Hatsis – Psychedelic Historian [see his previous interview on the podcast]
- Sanae Orchi – Broadcaster, public speaker
- Leor Roseman – Neuropsychopharmacologist
- Sam Gandy – Ecologist
♥ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ♥