What is Consciousness? Is it unique to human cognition or is it universal and permeating all things? Is it an epiphenomenon of brain activity or a universal constant? Do all things ‘have’ consciousness or are they ‘of’, ‘in’, or ‘by’ consciousness? Who and what are we, humankind, in the grander process of Consciousness itself? What is the nature of this whole “Reality” game?
For the 50th episode of Adventures Through The Mind podcast, we welcome philosopher Bernardo Kastrup onto the show to address these questions and more.
- Building conscious machines.
- What is consciousness?
- The hard problem of Consciousness.
- It’s not Panpsychism.
- Do rocks and trees have consciousness? How about weather patterns and neurons?
- Differentiating ‘conscious experience’ from ‘consciousness’.
- The subjectivity of objective reality.
- God suffers from dissociated identity disorder.
- Autonomous human awareness, nestled in consciousness.
- Filtering the mind at large.
- The relationship between brain activity and subjective inner life.
- What psychedelics show us about the nature of conscious awareness and brain activity.
- Metacognition and the default mode network.
- Physicalism as a neurotic defense mechanism.
Bernardo Kastrup’s Metaphysical Speculations
Here is where you will find a collection of all of Bernardo’s work: essays, books, and videos.
The Metaphysics Of Psychedelics (lecture/podcast)
The Physicalist Worldview as Neurotic Defense Mechanism (essay)
Bernardo’s books: Amazon.com | IFF books
Thanks so much for checking out Adventures Through The Mind.
This website and podcast are part of my mission to leave the world better than I found it by inspiring others with nourishing and insightful content. My capacity to continue this path is leveraged by the direct support of those who enjoy that content. There are no ads, popups, or swindles of any kind; just direct peer-to-peer support.
Please help keep it this way by dropping a donation or by becoming my patron on Patreon.
Thank you. 🙂
Comments are closed.