↓ ↓ Audio-only Stream ↓ ↓
♥ Support The Show ♥
***See below for a complete topic breakdown.***
Might amanita muscaria mushroom microdosing be the next big trend on the psychedelic horizon? Perhaps.
According to data collected by Baba Masha MD—paediatrician and OB/GYN with a doctorate in medicine and a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineer, as well as author of the 2022 book Microdosing Amanita Muscaria: Creativity, Healing, and Recovery with the Sacred Mushroom—the potential of microsing The Other Magic Mushroom includes “help and healing for hormonal dysfunction, low libdo., allergies, asthma, swelling, gingivitis, nail fungus, digestive issues, and skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis as well as recovery from stroke and cardiac arrest” [source back of book]; as well as apparently relieving pain, depression, hypertension, insomnia, and even interrupting addiction.
These are a pretty wide range of benefits, and not even an exhaustive list. You, I believe correctly, might wonder how much of this is placebo, and where the data to support these claims even came from. Thankfully, Baba Masha is on the this episode of Adventures Through The Mind to outline explore these questions with us, as well as a throughout look at exactly what microdosing amanita muscaria looks like insofar as preparation and protocol.
Additionally, it is important to couch this conversation with the fact that Baba Masha is a pseudonym, her face and voice is disguised in this interview, and her true identity has been kept secret. Why? Because she hosted the Radio Psychedelix podcast in Russian since 2013. A podcast that has been twice banned by the Russian government.
In this episode of the podcast we first explore Masha’s journey of making a banned-podcast about psychedelics in Russia; being the first person to be public about consuming psychedelics in Russia; as well as the context of drug use and prohibitionist propaganda in Russia and it’s impact on public health.
From here Masha outlines the origins of her microdosing amanita muscaria study; where the data came from; the results; the potential influence of placebo effect; some nuances about the chemical compositions and pharmacology of amanita; and what her study revealed about the optimal dosing and preparation protocols for microdosing amanita muscaria.
♥ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ♥
(and time stamps)
- (0:00) Opening
- (1:47) Introduction
- (6:22) Patron thanks
- (8:45) Interview begins; The context for why Masha is in disguise
- (11:34) Masha’s journey of making a banned-podcast about psychedelics in Russia; the first person to be public about consuming psychedelics in Russia
- (16:36) The creation of Baba Masha’s amanita muscaria microdosing study
- (21:57) The impact of Masha’s podcast in Russia, and why it got banned
- (26:40) The context of drug use and prohibitionist propaganda in Russia
- (29:34) The impact of Russian prohibitionist narratives on drug-induced anxiety/panic attacks
- (36:03) General information about amanita muscaria
- (41:37) The dangers of psychedelic doses on amanita muscaria
- (55:39) The chemical compounds present in amanita muscaria—ibotenic acid and muscimol
- (1:01:01) How the different ratios of ibotenic acid and muscimol effect different people differently (in microdosing)
- (1:08:50) The best time of day to microdose amanita muscaria
- (1:11:54) Microdosing amanita muscaria as an antidote to chemical dependence
- (1:13:52) Topical amanita muscaria as a powerful anti inflammatory
(1:18:56) Microdosing amanita muscaria effects on memory
- (1:23:52) The potential placebo effect of microdosing amanita muscaria
- (1:31:32) The optimal dosing protocol for microdosing amanita muscaria
- (1:35:05) The optimal preparation of amanita muscaria for microdosing
- (1:38:27) Smoking amanita muscaria
- (1:39:24) Follow up links, social handles, and where to buy their book
- (1:43:08) Outro
- (1:43:53) Support the podcast